The North Dakota Veterans Home offers of two levels of care to meet the individual needs of our residents. We have a Basic Care Unit with a capacity of 98. This unit provides service to individuals that are independent and need only minimal nursing services. Our Skilled Nursing Home Unit has a capacity of 52 and is for those individuals who need more intense nursing services.
Residents receive quality medical treatment, including 24 hour nursing care. Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, medication technicians, household coordinators and resident living specialists provide personal care specifically tailored to each individual resident. The Veterans Home contracts with a local medical provider for licensed medical staff that visit the home weekly.
The North Dakota Veterans Home offers:
- A full array of Rehabilitation Services that include Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies
- An on-site pharmacy (for Veterans)
- Transportation to the Fargo VA Medical Center
- Transportation to local medical appointments
- A team of Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Comprehensive Counseling Services.
- A 13-bed secured unit caring for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia-related disorders
- Wound Care
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Chaplain and spiritual care services
- Palliative Care and Hospice Services
- Barber and Beauty Shop
- An active Volunteer Department
- Dietary and nutritional services including special diet menus
- Mental health services
- Laundry services
- Therapeutic work program
- Financial services
- Veteran Service Officer assistance to apply for VA benefits
We encourage families and friends to have their pets visit the home. However, there are certain guidelines that need to be followed to ensure the safety to all. The below documents should be printed and completed forms returned to the Social Services or Administrative department for your pet to come in to the facility. If you have any questions, please call (701) 683-6500.
Please bring copies of updated annual vaccination records from the Veterinarian.